What's New for 2017-2018
We are excited to introduce some NEW changes for the upcoming season…
- Ballet Levels: Intermediate Foundation, Intermediate, Advanced Foundation & Advanced 1
- Pointe Classes
- Monday daytime classes, including Parent & Tot, Tiny Kinders
- Hip Hop Intro for ages 4-6 years
- Diva Style & Contemporary class levels for ages 10+
- Acrobatic Dance Arts classes from Intro to level 6
- Classes begin Monday September 11th, 2018
Proper placement fosters a joyful and positive dance experience, which ultimately is the goal of Urban Dance Projects. UDP recognizes that each student is unique and learns at an individual pace. Advancement to the next level while often the case varies according to individual students and in some cases, students may be recommended to repeat all or a portion of a level in order to master a particular set of skills.
NEW families can contact UDP to request assistance with proper placement in classes. Class placement is based on previous dance experience, pre-requisites and/or age.
RETURNING families are able to view their childs’ recommendation(s) in their online account PRIOR to enrolling in the upcoming 2017-18 season.
Registration & Payment Information
- The $30/student registration fee is due at the time of registration and is non-refundable.
- Full-Tuition Payment: can be made online by credit card, or automatic withdrawal from bank account for the full 10 months of instruction. Families receive a 5% discount when payment is made in full on the DATE they register (which must also be prior to September 1st). June tuition is non-refundable in addition to any months where a student has participated in class.
- Monthly Tuition Installments: can ONLY be made through UDP’s online system by automatic monthly credit or debit payments. Families must submit payment information at the time of registration. UDP cannot accept post-dated cheques or cash on a monthly basis.
- Costume fees are due in full October 15th and will be auto-transacted on all family accounts by credit or debit. Late costume fees are subject to a $25 late processing fee.
- Costume sizing forms are due December 1st.
- Multi-class discounts apply to families enrolled in 3 classes or more.
- Please see the Tuition page for more info.
- 10-Week sessional programs require payment in full by credit card or automatic withdrawal from bank account prior to the first class. No discounts apply.
- 10-week sessional classes do not have a registration or costume fee.
- An online registration form must be completed for each participant and the online waiver must be accepted by a parent/guardian before students can participate in class.
- Registration fees and tuition fees must be received before students attend their first dance class.
- Families registered in 10-Month classes must submit payment information at the time of registration.
- Cheques are made payable to Urban Dance Projects Inc.
- Late Registration: Tuition fees will be pro-rated accordingly for students registering late. Registration fees are not pro-rated.
- Registrations after March 1st are accepted for sessional programs only.
- No refunds for withdrawals are given after Feb 25.
- Cheques, bank withdrawals or credit card charges returned NSF are subject to a service charge of $25.00.
- Cheques, bank withdrawals or credit charges returned “Account Closed” are subject to a $25.00 service charge. NSF or Account Closed service charges must be honored within 7 days by cash or certified cheque, or students may be asked to refrain from participating in class.
- Receipts will be provided for Child Fitness Tax Credit purposes at the end of February. Requests for additional or replacement copies are subject to a $15 service charge.
- Full-year classes consist of a minimum of 32 classes per season.
- Urban Dance Projects Inc. reserves the right to make changes to the schedule and/or teaching staff due to low enrollment or other factors, as necessary and without notification. Refunds will be issued if a class is cancelled by UDP or moved to a new day/time. Refunds will not be issued for a change in teaching staff.
- Reductions in fees are not made for classes missed by a student.
- Tuition fees do not include fees for dance clothing, shoes or recital tickets.
- All prices are subject to GST.